The following list ranks the top 8 most successful football clubs in the world based on the number of trophies won:
- Al Ahly (Egypt) – the most successful club in the world with 143 trophies, including 42 national league titles, 37 Egypt Cup titles, and 10 CAF Champions Leagues.
- Rangers (Scotland) – the most successful club in Scotland with 121 trophies, including a record 55 Scottish League titles, 34 Scottish Cup titles, and 27 Scottish League Cup titles.
- Club Nacional de Football (Uruguay) – the most decorated South American football team with 116 trophies, including 48 Primera División titles and 22 international titles.
- Celtic (Scotland) – one of only 5 football clubs in the world to have won over 100 official trophies in history, with 113 titles won, including 52 Scottish league championships, 40 Scottish Cup titles, and 20 Scottish League Cup titles.
- Atletico Penarol (Uruguay) – the second most successful team in Uruguay with 110 trophies, including 51 Uruguayan Primera División titles, 5 Copa Libertadores, and 7 Intercontinental Cup titles.
- Real Madrid (Spain) – one trophy away from reaching 100 official titles, Real Madrid is one of the most decorated clubs in history with 99 trophies, including a record 14 Champions League titles and 35 La Liga titles.
- Barcelona (Spain) – closely behind Real Madrid with 98 trophies, including 26 La Liga titles, 31 Copa del Rey titles, and 5 UEFA Champions League titles.
- Benfica (Portugal) – the most successful team in Portugal with 84 trophies, including 37 Primeira Liga titles, 26 Taça de Portugal titles, and 8 Taça da Liga titles.
- Al-Faisaly SC (Jordan) – 82 trophies. Formed in Amman in 1932, Al-Faisaly are by far the most successful football club in Jordan.They are also one of the most successful football clubs in Asia; having won 34 official league titles, 21 Jordan FA Cups, and 17 Jordan Super Cups — they are the record holders for all these competitions. Al-Faisaly also have 8 Jordan FA Shields and 2 AFC Cups. Join our worldwide sports group for latest updates Join Group
- Bayern Munich (Germany) – 82 trophies
At the time of writing this article, Bayern are tied with Al-Faisaly with the most titles. Bayern Munich are one of the five football clubs that have won everything.The Bavarians are historically the most successful team in German Football, as they have won the most championships and the most cups. They are also Germany’s most successful team in international competitions — having won 14 trophies.
Bayern Munich are the only German club to have won 3 major European competitions. They have also won 3 consecutive European Cups. Like Barcelona, Bayern have won the treble twice, one of which was part of the larger and more elusive “sextuple” in 2020.
The “sextuple” means they won the League, Cup, and Champions League in one season, followed by the Domestic Supercup, UEFA Supercup, and Club World Cup in the next season. Virtually winning all trophies that a club competes for in a given calendar year.
Join our worldwide sports group for latest updates Join Group