SPORTS5 things to know about Achraf Hakimi, Hiba Abouk amid rape scandal
Achraf Hakimi and his wife, Hiba Abouk, are reportedly facing separation as the Paris Saint-Germain full-back is being investigated for alleged rape.
Hakimi has been accused of raping a 24-year-old woman in his home in Boulogne, Paris, on February 25, while his wife and children were on vacation, as initially reported by Le Parisien.
However, the accused woman’s lawyer, Fanny Colin, has denied all the accusations against her client.
As of now, PSG has not released an official statement on the incident, and the investigation is ongoing. However, it appears that Hakimi’s marriage is on the verge of ending, as he and his wife have reportedly been estranged for some time and were in the process of legally separating even before the alleged rape case came to light.
Here are five things to know about Hakimi and Abouk amid the rape charges and divorce scandal, as reported by DAILY POST.
1. Hakimi is 12 years younger than his Tunisian wife, Abouk, who is 36 years old.
2. In March this year, Abouk labelled her marriage to Hakimi ‘a failed project’, while revealing that the reason behind her desire to divorce the Morocco international is because their marriage was practically done.
3. Hakimi and Abouk have two children- Amín, 3 and Naim, 1.
4. The pair married in 2020, two years after meeting in 2018.
5. Hakimi’s imminent divorce with Abouk means that his marriage only lasted for three years. The PSG defender is set to record one of the shortest marriages in football history.